GiveHalfBall

Trap in a world of soccer, disillusion by soccer betting, come back strong and steady, gave up betting but dive into soccer analysis, to help other people overcome the odds, with my own predictive tools

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Fatspider spilt personality

Days so far;

Things have reached a stalemate for the last week or so. There is basically nothing going for me but a bunch of inquiries that don't come full circle. Can say bad luck but at least there are still interest generated here or there for a draughting job. The other part time job (SPool) my fren help me to ask came to a dead end.The draughting jobs don't look too successful at face value, both ask if I can use Autocad? There is a limitation with only 1 week under my belt

First was recommended by a fren J to his fren Dan who runs a electrical company, if I was selected I will be contracted for 4 months and another 8 months after if they sealed the deal. Chances are very good and they are looking to tie up the project within the next month or so. I was naturally very happy and rush down to his company at the late hours of the evening for a interview. After the filling up of forms was ask to generate a Autocad drawing (in 2005 somemore), oh no not again. Naturally I was a bit slow and the supervisor comfirms it. Next was waiting for news that never came, so a bit fustrated.

Second was an inquiry with the help of another fren Ri, his boss company does logistic and for some of the storage components they are looking to hire a part time draughtsman to create some reference drawing. I said hell yes at least something but so far no news. Plus point is that it is 1 MRT stop away from my house but Minus point is that Ri told me his boss is very stingy.

Saw that my last company started looking for people again in the news and it just breaks my heart. It was indeed a bitter pill to shallow. I was throwing the letter of appointment out of the window when a interesting clause caught my eye. 'During the comfirmation period of 2 months, if a termination or resignation occur, it must be given 2 weeks notice from either party' F**k, how could I fail to see this one, at least I could stay on for another 2 weeks to practice Autocad 2004 and also earn some more money at the same time. It can help me in my future interviews.

Other than job hunting and resentment, I was caught up with the usual weekend predictions and chart updates. So , my weekend are usually tie up and a bit of monday/friday as well. However, did manage to catch up 2 shows for review as more time on hand.

First was Silk, a show with a combination of stars from Taiwan/China/Japan/HK. Most popular being Barbie Hsu (Big S from SOS) and Karina Lam, the main lead Chang Chen (CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON). The Japan lead seems quite popular in Japan too ,Yousuke Eguchi but I'am not so familar. Anyway, the show has a great story and the director (Su-cho Ping, remember Double Vision) really keep yu on your toes with tis one. Acting is above average too for a ghost flick. I dun really think the show is scary but it makes yu think which I guess ranks it as a intelligent movie. The story is about a group of scientists who captures a child ghost with a device call Menger Sponge which absorbs electromagnetic energy. There are several mysterious deaths in the process of discovering who the boy identity is and the victims sprouted silk from their torsos and limbs. Discovering the source of the silk lead to a greater sacrifice for all the scientists and investigators. Here is its website. I like it, go catch, really good show.

Second was a triller call The Prestige. It stars Hugh JackMan (Wolverine), Christian Bale (Batman), Scarlett Johansson, Piper Perabo, Michael Caine, and haha David Bowie. With such a strong cast, yu know acting is top notch and the storyline super duper. I went it just expecting a average to above average show but it knocks me off my feet, vintage stuff. I dun feel bored at all, the story flows too and not really a drag. Bale and Jackman will play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The rivalry is so intense that it turns them into murderers. Consequently jeopardizing the lives of everyone around them in the process. The title itself means the completion of a successful magic trick... The Prestige. Here is their trailer, enjoy, definally a good watch.

Well tomorrow I start work for R again and it is like got work do first, think later attitude. The money I received from my 1 week stinct as a draughtsman is still healthy, but I need to plan for my next month rent, I dun know where my mom spends all the money but I can see she is broke as well. I have pay our h/p and internet and not really left with much. I hope to go for a job fair at the end of the month and see how it goes. Also, my tele-marketing boss is holding on to my last week pay and I really hope they sent the cheque over. Sigh, also lost a small bit on soccer lately too like $15 overall for the month. It was not as bad as before but it is not that good either. Hey, will be catching DeathNote soon.... will preview next week if possible. Alious...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter